Rain, Rain, Go Away???

We have had a week of humid, warm weather. Mainly it's been raining when it's dark - which it seems to be a lot these days - and we have had very nice afternoons. Our guests have still been able to visit the monuments without the umbrella. Last night it rained a lot, though, and it has continued all through the day today. The swimming pool is nearly overflowing, the garden is full of leaves. And there are lots of accidents on the roads as the new roads are slippery and people forget to slow down.

The rain is of course needed. I just feel sorry for the men who are setting up the Christmas lights around the town. This year they started later than usual and cannot therefore slow down to get everything set up by deadline - rain or no rain. When it does not rain, though, sintra is SO beautiful! The mist rising up, half the mountain covered up in a cloud of mist - and the colors so vivid and the air smelling fresh and clean! I will put some pictures up soon so you can see what I mean.

I have now been writing this blog for a year. Sometimes I wonder if I should, as there are so few comments. Then comes a client who comments on a blog entry or asks a question about something I have written about and it makes it all worth it. Actually, I like it a lot now - trying to remember what happened last year or six months ago gets easier, as remembering what the weather was like in the spring when someone asks me.

And just like last year this time, we have placed nuts and port wine in the rooms to welcome our cold, wet clients to the warmth of Casa do Valle!

Comments

Piet said…
Hi Virpi,

maybe you don't find many comments on your blog but I can assure you we are still reading every post since our stay in July. Now it's rainy and windy here in Belgium too. Still warm (13°C) for the time of the year. We're enjoying the memories of our beautiful summer holiday in Sintra and Lisbon. My brother in law and his wife came to Sintra for a day in the first week of November. They were not so lucky as we were because all of the beautiful sights were hidden in the mist that day. Lots of love from Piet, Ann, Fien and Arno
Casa do Valle said…
Hello Piet!
That's just what I meant - I love it when I hear that someone does read the mails. I hope all is well with you all - Arno is fine, I know, as he is my facebook friend.
We still have 18-22 degrees in the afternoons, and the rain should be finished by tomorrow for awhile. Great! Greetings to all of you,

Virpi
C said…
Yes, you should keep writing! I've stayed at Casa do Valle in September and I've been visiting the blog since. It's a breeze of fresh air in the middle of a very grey work day!
You may not get a lot of comments, but ti doen's mean you don't have readers (doesn't matter how many) who are eager to read your posts.
Writing is always a good thing, even if it's just for ourselves. But getting to share such interesting things with other people can be very enrichening! So thank you and keep it up ;)

Happy New Year

Cristiana

Popular posts from this blog

Abandoned houses

Chalet Biester - the film set for Johnny Depp's 'Ninth Gate'

Gluten or lactose free? Vegetarian or Vegan? Some choices in Sintra!